Thursday, July 16, 2009

Eve's Zep


Ahh the Zep. A local favorite, and Norristown food icon, this delicious sandwich is most definitely my favorite cold sandwich of all time. Traditionally a zep consists of cooked salami, provolone cheese, thick sliced onion, sliced tomato, oil, oregano, and chopped hot peppers (optional) on a soft italian round roll. Thats it. Anything else and its not a true zep, with the exception of sometimes being served on a long roll. In my opinion, there are only two places to get a real zep, Eve's Lunch or Lou's. Today I was fortunate enough to have had one brought to me as a complete surprise. Although I am partial to Lou's, this one came from Eve's and it was everything I expected it to be.... Delicious. This is one sandwich that surely is close to my heart... in more ways than one. That being said, I would like to thank Monty for buying me a great lunch. (although who the fuck eats bbq chips with a zep?) I would also like to thank whoever invented this amazing sandwich.


Rating: 9 (10 if it was on a round roll)

1 comment:

  1. Mine was excellent as well. The BBQ chips happened b/c they were all out of the traditional Utz Plain. It was lunch rush. The long roll is b/c it was a medium. The small is on the round roll and we both know that you nor I is eating anything labeled small. One downfall was the absence of the PA Dutch Birch Beer. The Rosenbergers Lemon Tea was the next best choice. All in all, a very satisfying lunch.

    ReplyDelete