Friday, July 24, 2009

crue fest

Last weekend we attended crue fest 2. let me just say right off the bat... Fuck motley crue.(at least Vince Neil and Tommy Lee) Fuck godsmack, and whatever other shit-hole bands played that I was lucky enough to avoid listening to. That being said, lets move on to the food. All the food (minus the pork) was prepared by a good friend of mine who obviously had a great time that day. For more info on our crue-fest adventure please tune in to ... http://adultcrash.blogspot.com/


Burgers- I cant say that I had one although I hear they were good, except for the few that sat on the grill for maybe 2 hours, the sea gulls seemed to like them though


Hot dogs- I didnt have one of these either, but they were Nathans brand and also my favorite so I'll go ahead and give them a 7. no good condiments.


I'll call this one chicken and chorizo ala Capp. Good stuff. I picked at it a bit. He put some nice cherry hot peppers in with the medley of meat which made for a nice spicy delivery.

Rating- 7



Bacon wrapped shrimp with BBQ sauce. OK, now usually if you wrap bacon around anything it's good.. however, bacon takes quite a bit longer than shrimp to cook on the grill, so needless to say, the bacon was barley cooked and the shrimp was over cooked by about 15 minutes. I'll give Capp an A for effort. Good idea, bad execution


Rating- 2


Asian style slaw-


Good shit.. a mixture of cabbage, ramen noodles, toasted pine nuts, almonds, and scallions in a vinegar based dressing. Couldve been a little colder, but otherwise very tasty.


Rating- 8


BBQ style pulled pork-


Ok, now even though I made it I will try and give an honest rating. That being said I will be the first to say that this is not real BBQ. There was no smoking involved, except for cigarettes, and maybe just a little of the devils lettuce... anyway, its not real BBQ. I started with a whole shoulder ( about 17 lbs) and another shoulder already trimmed. Both were rubbed down with my own special mixture, then braised for about 7 hours. In the word of Guy Fiery I'll say that it was capital T tender. I pulled the meat (yeah yeah, ha ha) with ease, it just fell apart. Then with my own mixture of BBQ sauce, honey, secret hot sauce, and some of the braising liquid, put it into the crock for traveling purposes only. Served on the cheapest hamburger buns i could get, these sandwiches were quite tasty. The only negative thing I could say is that I wish the meat was actually smoked. Oh, and it wouldve been nice with some good southern style slaw. Either way I liked it. I think I ate 3 all together.


Rating- 7 (I'll do better next time)

No comments:

Post a Comment